My exams start on Wednesday and I am seriously procrastinating studying , so I decided to put that procrastination to good use and post my recipe for my cookies up here. I hope at least somebody can benefit from my failure to study. Maybe if I bake my examiners a batch of these they might let me pass? That’s probably the only thing that will work at this stage…..
I made up this recipe off the top of my head, so I think all the ingredients are correct. If not, it will only be a matter of adjusting them between 5/10 grams. Let me know if you have problems and I will try it out again, which I definitely will be doing after exams anyway! I hope you enjoy 🙂
50g crunchy peanut butter
20g coconut oil
150g sugar (100g white, 50g brown)
150g plain flour (sifted)
1 tsp baking soda
20g ground almonds
2 flax eggs
100g (or more) of chocolate chopped
Flaked sea salt
- Cream the peanut butter and coconut oil together until soft and combined.
- Add the sugar and mix until combined.
- Stir in the sifted flour, baking soda and ground almonds.
- Stir in your flax eggs and mix well until perfectly combined. the mixture should not be too stiff. If it is, add a tablespoon of almond milk.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Taste…it would be a sin not to!
- With a teaspoon, spoon the cookies onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper, press down with the base of the spoons and sprinkle flaked sea salt on top.
- Place in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 1o/12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!